Friday, March 11, 2011

Inertia


I am currently proving the principle of inertia to be true. An object in motion will stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest unless compelled by an outside force. I think it is interesting that it refers several times to the objects natural resistance to a change in velocity. A law of nature that confirms our resistance to change. A confirmation that it is science that makes you want to preserve our present state for as long as possible. The word inertia comes from the Latin word, iners, to mean lazy or idle. I was finding it very easy to drift by in this state for sometime now, but I have been compelled or propelled by an outside force and am now fully in motion. So now my mass has shifted velocity and I seem to be moving through the world with more speed, force, and intention then I have seen in sometime. Thank heavens I was beginning to grow tired of resting on my laurels. 

No comments: