Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Good over Evil

Enjoying my morning coffee and already counting the ways in which March has far surpassed February in it's mere 30 some hours of existence this year. A facebook gander led to link clicking led me to this gem. I agree with my friend David who said "I can't believe that A) this exists B) I didn't know about this sooner C) I haven't planned my entire life around attending this event" I second that David and if you want to go next year I am all in. I think the spirit of this celebration is something we could all emulate, and even though I wasn't there I am in love with all the colors and the smiling faces. I think this proves once more that March is the month to be in love with right now. Found on www.boston.com this is an excerpt on the festival and some wonderful photographs taken there. Find some joy today and spread some color into your life. xoxo


Last Monday (March 1st), people in India and other countries with large Hindu populations celebrated Holi, the Festival of Colors. A welcoming of Spring, Holi is celebrated as the triumph of good over evil. Hindu devotees and others enthusiastically drop their inhibitions, and chase each other in temples and through the streets, playfully splashing colorful paint, powder and water on each other. People also attend bonfires to commemorate the story of Prahlada, a Hindu figure and devout follower of Lord Vishnu who prevailed over his father and the demoness Holika with the power of his devotion. Collected here are a handful of images from this year's Festival of Colors. 









No comments: