Monday, January 31, 2011

January Summer

I’d like to say there’s nothing like it, but I know that’s a leap of faith I’m not willing to make. I’ve felt the sun like this before, but something about this lifetime of a month has made a difference. How much can you grow in only weeks? Apparently leaps and bounds every morning if you are willing to take the time with yourself. I have never known a time to be both so relaxing and so productive at once. My yin and yang finally working together instead of tearing me to opposite coasts. How can you be both here and there at all times? I don’t know yet, but I’ll send it in the mail when I figure it out. My mornings have been devoured by Patti Smith. I wake up early to spend time enthralled in the pages of her memoir Just Kids. I haven’t felt this way about a book in a long time. I haven’t felt this way about a lot of things in a long time. I can feel change in the air and instead of apprehension that normally wells within me I feel only peace. I suffer from bouts of doubt as far as my work goes, but what artist doesn’t? Learning how to keep writing when the clouds roll in takes time, but I think I have the weather patterns figured out right now. Maybe it’s in the stars or maybe it’s in your eyes but it feels like all is as it should be. I am covered in work and all I can see are deadlines, but I have never been happier. Even in moments I am sure I will drown I find truth in the silence under those waters. The blue outside my windows every morning has me thinking I must be the luckiest girl alive. I have only seen blue like that one other place before, and I hold both dear to my heart. For the rest of this day I will cherish what this month has given me... clarity, creativity, and calm.  
 Photograph taken by Jenavieve in the middle of January on the side of PCH. 
Peace, Love, and Scotch.

No comments: