Monday, May 28, 2012

once or twice on love

it only happened once or twice. i heard it on the radio. he sang songs about all the ways he let love go. then I met a guy at the bar last night who was filming a documentary on Love. on the good, the bad, and the ugly of love. I told him I would like to participate. that I would like to be interviewed on what it means to me. what would I say. I have twelve days. I could tell him about the way love eats you from the inside out. the way I see it climb under the skin and infect everything that's good and full and normal in someones life. so much so that they become convinced that they cannot go on living alone. or I could tell him about all the good things love brought me. about kisses and hot nights and people I would have never known had I not had the courage to love them. I could tell him about my firm belief in our ability to love more than one person at a time, fully, and truly. I don't think everyone would agree with me. but I know, I've seen it happen once or twice.

No comments: