Wednesday, January 18, 2012

a note on Love.

I want someone to love me so hard I could only love them back
I want someone to love me for more than the reasons that they have
I want love that moves the earth and forces time to close and still
I want love that changes daily and love that press on my will
I want someone to love me and to look me in the eye
so that when they say they love me I know it’s not a lie
I want love that doesn’t care for the distance that we make
while we are traveling this great big world out looking for our breaks
I want love that tells me honestly where he spent the night before
and love it isn’t love if you’re always out looking for some more. 
I want love that people sing about, the kind you see up on the screen
the kind they say is make believe and lives only in your dreams
I want someone to love me as if there is no way it could ever last
so that they hold onto to me carefully as we watch the moments pass
I want love that doesn’t care for the rules of who we’ve always been
and I want love that doesn’t ruin me, love that never wears too thin
I want someone to love me not just because we always leave
and I want someone just to love me because it lets us both be free
I want love that strikes me on the spot and changes who I was
I want love that doesn’t make any sense
I want someone to love me just because

No comments: