Monday, November 21, 2011

lucky

It's been madness but I feel a great sense of pride for where I stand today. I don't know what else we can ask for as humans. To feel proud of ones own existence and place in this world is something that I didn't even know I was missing until I found it. I feel lucky, but I don't think this was luck. This is a product of hard work and hard decisions and commitment making. After August took the wind out of me I decided I was going to be a better version of myself. So I started to do all these things I kept saying I wanted to do, all these things that scared the shit out of me. I had to be that person I kept waiting for. A wise man told me that if I just put my head down and moved my feet that when I picked it up the people that should be there will be. He was right. Those people, the ones that stick it out with you through the crazy, they will still be there. I think that makes me lucky.

No comments: