Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Time



I am increasingly aware of how little control I have over my life. Its like being stuck in a rip tide and before you know it you're in way over your head and some huge mexican dude has to pull you out of the white wash by your wrists (true story from friday)... I like going to yoga because you have total control over your body and mind. Saturday night I relinquished that responsibility by ingesting a questionable substance and staring at the stars for hours on end in search of questions for all the answers I had just found. I wondered what I had always been so scared of all this time, and tried to ignore how much fun I had been missing out on. It was the longest day of the year and riding home later around midnight there was as many people out at blackies as there were during the day... people were still looking for parking!! The tide was so high it was nearly at the sea wall and the moon was so low and orange it looked like another planet. I was amazed waking up the next morning to find the world still in the same place i had left it the day before. There was little time to dwell on my journey because sunday afternoon was rapidly approaching and that meant beer, sun, and an outdoor PRICKS show at Chronic Cantina in Triangle Square. I wore my blonde bobbed wig and some high waisted jean overall shorts. There is something about being blonde for a day that I love so much. Sometimes people don't recognize me and I never correct anyone when they really think that I lobed off my long brown ringlets. The Pricks killed it; as always. They rock so hard they blew out the power on their first song and had to take an early intermission. The Heffs were cold, the boobs were huge, and the heat was melting my wig to my head. Al in all it was a great afternoons and of course the PRICKS did not disappoint. I finished it all off by swimming around like a twelve year old. Now that it is Monday morning and I can look back on the mayhem I have no regrets, and can only look foreword for the chance to do it all over again and give it all up to the higher power of the party gods...

No comments: